Saturday, April 12, 2014

Ruby-Throated Hummingbird and unidentified bird call

12 April 2014 - Wabbaloo

Got a good pic of the ruby-throated hummingbird today.  


Wednesday, I got a glimpse of something that first struck my ears, as it was a call I had not heard before in my yard. I recorded the call with my camera, please give it a listen to see if you know what it is:



I was in the backyard when I heard the call, so I followed the sound to near the garage, where I spied the bird on top of a security camera, but then it flew away immediately into the tall tall trees. I was never able to get a picture.  The only thing that I could register before it flew off was that the head looked somewhat pointed (???) and that it was a dark-colored bird.  I continue the hunt...


No comments:

Post a Comment