Sunday, May 11, 2014

Pained Bunting and Black-Throated Sparrow

11 May 2014 - wabbaloo

Finally got a picture of the male Painted Bunting.  It's great to have him back; he's the most beautiful bird we have in our menagerie. I think I saw the female today, but I'm not quite sure.  Here's the male:


Also, looks like we have a black-throated sparrow. Most of the sparrows we have are chipping sparrows, I believe.  What struck us right away was the black throat, so I grabbed the camera. Here he is, drinking with the daddy Cardinal:


We also happened to see the hummingbird check out the Mexican Oregano plant we have at the base of our main bird feeders. It has some nice light purple blooms right now. It reminded me to clean and refill our hummingbird feeder :-(

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment